The cause of hair loss is linked to an increase in an androgen hormone called DHT (DiHydroxy Testosterone). Managing this and other hormones is key to halting and reversing hair loss.
In this video I go over the 6 compounds that you should be consuming to balance your hormones and keep your hair full and healthy.
1. Saw Palmetto is an herb that’s been shown to block DHT. Supplement with 1500mg per day
2. Adaptogenic Herbs help your body adapt and deal with stress, balance hormones and reduce cortisol levels (also known as the aging hormone). Ashwaganda and Rhodiola are two of the adaptogenic herbs that help stop and reverse hair loss. Take 500mg of each per day.
3. Pumpkin Seed Oil is packed with zinc which has been shown to stop hair loss. Supplement with 1 Tbsp per day.
4. B-Complex vitamins – Biotin helps thicken your hair naturally and Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) supports your adrenal glands
5. Zinc boosts your immune system and repair your gut
6. Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) reduce inflammation and balance hormones, Look for a high quality fish oil like Axe Naturals, Garden of Life or Nordic Naturals.
Bonus Tip: Grains and sugars feed bad bacteria, cause estrogen to increase, and cause DHT to increase which promotes hair loss.