Dandruff shampoo. Responding to comments on best dandruff shampoo, what causes dandruff, treatment, home remedies and more.
One of my favourite notifications is your comments and as you may already know more often than not I’ll get back to you with a reply and heart. If you’d like more information on any of the questions I’ve answered or have a question, then let me know so I can try and either dedicate a video to it or get back to you in next months responding to your comments.
A few of my favourite questions/comments from this video are:
1) “Acne effects a lot of people including myself”. His face: Literally 0 acne.
2) What do you recommend on alternating shampoos? Like how often should someone use one shampoo and then switch to another one and so on. – 00:52
For much more information about dandruff and its treatments:
The most effective anti-fungals are Miconazole and Ketoconazole. Ketoconazole is found in some shampoos, but Miconazole is currently only available in skin creams so it won’t be helpful for treating dandruff.
You may find, though, that the effects of an anti fungal shampoo wear off after a while, so you might need to cycle some alternatives.
• Coal tar shampoos can slow down skin turnover (although they may discolour fair hair).
• Shampoos containing salicylic acid can help get rid of the flakes.
• Shampoos containing zinc or selenium can also target the fungus, so there are a wide range of solutions to try.
3) Why doesn’t Abraham have his own TV show?
4) Legit question are you married?
5) Thank you so much. I used this in my class today for my students. Very good information.
Want to see more videos about everything health and pharmacy? Let me know in the comments below. Subscribe for new videos ▶
Prescribing Media Pharmacist | Extreme Optimist | Bringing Science Through New Videos Every Week – Monday 4PM(GMT).
I’m a prescribing media pharmacist who loves science, making videos and helping people. I work in both GP surgeries and community pharmacy.
This video is for information only and should not be used for the diagnosis or treatment of medical conditions. Abraham The Pharmacist has used all reasonable care in compiling the information but make no warranty as to its accuracy. Always consult a doctor or other healthcare professional for diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions.